- In order to install the Microsoft Teams desktop app, you must first log in to Office 365 with your k12 email account. Instructions on the login process can be found here: Accessing Office 365.
- Once you’re logged into Office 365, choose the Teams app from the panel on the left.
- You may now see a page that says “Get the Windows 10 App instead.” If that is the case, click the “download” or “install” option, and skip to step 5.
- You should now see the web-based version of Teams, which looks very similar to the app, but has limited functionality. On the top-right corner of the screen, you should see your initials. Click here to access a drop-down menu. Choose the option “Download the desktop app.”
- Now, you should see the file being downloaded in the bottom-left. Once the file has finished downloading, you can click it to open and run Teams.
- You can now sign in with your K12 email account, as you did to Office 365, and enjoy the Teams desktop application
After you have installed the application, you should see it as an icon on your desktop. For future uses, you can simply open this icon to access Teams.
If another user has created a Teams meeting and has sent you an invite link to join, you should be given an option to open the desktop app. Choosing this option (you may see a pop-up dialog that asks for permission to open an outside app, depending on your browser settings) will automatically launch the Teams app and join the meeting.
Last Update: January 14, 2022