The SmartBoard only has half of the computer screen projected onto it. This is a known issue with the SmartBoard UF55 and UF55w models.
- On the UF55, make sure that the resolution on the laptop is set to 1024 x 768
- To change the resolution, right click anywhere on the desktop and click Display Settings.
- On Windows 10, click Advanced Display
- Under Resolution, click the drop-down box and change the resolution to 1024 x 768. While this does create empty black bars on the sides of the laptop screen, this fixes the projection issue on the SmartBoard screen.
- Click Apply and then Okay.
- Toggle the input from Input 1 to Input 2 and then back to the original selection.
On the UF55w, make sure that the resolution on the laptop is set to 1280 x 800.
- Right click on the desktop and click Display Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Advanced Display Settings.
- Click Display Adapter Properties for Display
- Click List All Modes.
- Select 1280 x 800.
- Click Apply.
One of the two solutions should fully center the projected image onto the SmartBoard.
Last Update: January 8, 2020