In order to get all of our machines ready for student use, it is important that you do the following as soon as you are back in your class.
- Plug all of your computers up to power and turn them on. Since the majority of computers have been turned off for an extended period of time there are multiple updates that need to be installed for them to be ready to be used at school or at home. Once you have turned the machines on you need to make sure they are connected to the network with Wi-Fi or a network cable. Now, let them sit for at least a day before you continue. Most will hopefully take care of everything themselves.
- Once the machines have been on for a while they should start installing updates and upgrade to the next version of windows. You may see them reboot and come up with a screen that looks like the following while they are upgrading. Depending on how long the machine has been turned off it could take a day or two before it may start updating. If you have a laptop and it will not connect to Wi-Fi then you will need to put in a work order. Machines that have been turned off for a year or more WILL NOT WORK.
- Once the machines are up to date they will have a screen that looks like the following.
- Any machine that is NOT ready to use will have a different screen than the one above and may look like the following.
- If any machine doesn’t change to the screen that is in field 3 after a few days or changes to the red screen with the sad face that doesn’t go away after a day then please put in a work order with the machine(s) name.Technology work orders may be submitted here.https://technology.wayneschoolswv.org/submit-ticket/